- Where personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and banking details information) is submitted to the website by the user, for example through sending an e-mail or filling in required fields, the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
a. This website collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
b. This website will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this website and services offered through it by third parties, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
c. This website will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used.
d. This website will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party, unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the website is required or permitted to do so by law.
e. If information is released with the user's consent, this website will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
f. This website will destroy or delete any personal information under its control which has become obsolete.
- Information collected about users through their use of this website is the property of the website owner.
- The website owner will retain all ownership of and copyright in any database of users' personal information.
- No credit card information is retained or stored by the website owner.
- Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this website may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes and trade in these profiles. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
Collection of anonymous data
- In order to provide the best possible and most relevant service, this website may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this website. This technology is not able to identify individual users, but simply allows this website to collect statistics.
- The Quays on Timeball website utilises cookies. A cookie is a small file that is placed on the user's hard drive in order to keep a record of a user's interaction with this website.
a. Cookies from this website allow the website owner to tailor advertising and other services to your displayed preferences.
b. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to personally identify users, but will be used to compile anonymised statistics relating to the use of services offered or to provide us with feedback on the performance of this website.
- If a user does not wish cookies to be employed to customise his or her interaction with this website, it is possible to alter the manner in which their browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on The Quays on Timeball website may not be available.
Access to personal data
- Where a user believes that personal data concerning them held by the website owner is outdated or incorrect, they may request that such personal data be corrected - please use our contact page. Any request for such a correction must specify both the incorrect data and the proposed correction and must give full reasons for the request.
- Users can request access to any relevant personal data held by the website owner as laid out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 ("PROATIA") and where such access is necessary for them to exercise and/or protect any of their rights.
- Detailed information on PROATIA and the procedure to follow in making a request for access to personal data is available in the website owner's Promotion of Access to Information Manual.
Links to other websites
- While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this website, this website cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of the website owner or any third party.
- Users and/or subscribers are prohibited from releasing their username and/or password to any other person.
- We regard the safety and privacy of children using The Quays on Timeball website extremely seriously, but it remains the ultimate responsibility of the parents and other care-givers of children to ensure that they are not exposed to inappropriate content or behaviour.